Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Save Mr. Dressup

Upset by the news on Wednesday that The CBC is cancelling Mr. Dressup, Tony Smith and Shelli Summers of Magic 104 in Moncton went to listeners with the story. Well, to say that the reaction was overwhelming would be an understatement... Maritimers from three provinces had called into the show by the time things were said and done at 9 o'clock. Buoyed by the support from their loyal listeners The Magic Morning Show have started a petition to save Mr. Dressup:

To: All Good Canadian Kids
Thanks for listening to Tony & Shelli on Magic 104. We need your help to stop a Canadian tragedy. The CBC has announced that it is cancelling Mr. Dressup. Help us save the show that raised 3 generations of Canadian children. Sign our petition and we'll let the CBC know that there should always be room for Mr. Dressup & his tickle trunk on 'our' network.

Go to
http://www.petitiononline.com/Magic104/ and save a Canadian icon! Tell the CBC that there should always be half an hour for the best kids show ever.

Thanks for listening! Tony & Shelli The Magic 104 Morning Show

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for starting the petition! I've sent the link to family and friends and hope others do too.
Lets take this across Canada!
I also emailed the CBC and urge others to do so also. Here is a copy of the letter I sent;

Hello-
I am shocked, angry and deeply saddened to read that you are cancelling Mr. Dressup. I am a Mom of young children, and my kids LOVE that show. And because I have fond memories of it from my childhood Mr. Dressup is a show that I actually stop what I am doing and sit down for when I here the piano keys start to play. My kids and I watch it together then often times re-create the craft items that Mr. Dressup made that day. If you need to know what shows to cut...just ask. My kids will help you out! Some of the shows you air we can watch else where on statios such as PBS, Knowledge Network, and TVO. Mr. Dressup, however is only on the CBC. As Canada's television station, please listen to Canadians when we tell you 'NO!' and to leave Mr. Dressup on the air.
Thank you.


(And thank you Tony and Shelli for letting me vent)

6/15/2006 9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home