Thursday, December 14, 2006

The Bad Christmas Gift Swap Shop


















Yesterday we celebrated Worst Gift Wednesday on the show...

According to a recent survey...one of every four Christmas gifts we get is unsuitable — either the wrong size or color, duplicates or just not liked. That's about $3 billion worth of gifts each year which will either be returned or merely hidden in a closet!

What's your worst gift ever?

I was all set to tell you about my worst present ever...but I got a new one Tuesday night...This one far surpasses any bad Christmas gift I've ever gotten. I'd like to extend a personal thanks to the person who ran into the front of my car last night. Thanks so much...you shouldn't have. My wife was at work and somebody bashed in the front end of my car and left without saying anything. So it's kind of like you're a 'Secret Santa'. It would be nice if I could find you someday so I can re-gift you...(I actually suggested on the show Wednesday that an entire team of ponies pooping in your stocking might be nice...but we had another caller who had the same sort of thing happen to her and I liked her 'Secret Santa Revenge' better...The picture above was her idea...)

In any case...If you have in your possession...a Christmas gift that you have never used...but felt too guilty to throw it out or regift...We will give you an opportunity to trade it on the show before Christmas. Maybe you don't like your bad Christmas gift but doesn't that gift deserve it's freedom? Even bad Christmas gifts deserve to be loved by someone. I bet there's someone out there that wants your bad Christmas gift and maybe...just maybe...they have a bad Christmas gift that you would like. I'll just throw this out there...I reserve the right to block anybody's trade if it's something I like...I'll trade you a brand new Magic 104 t-shirt for it.

Call your bad Christmas Gifts in before December 22nd or e-mail them to tony.smith@mbsradio.com

Here's our 'inventory' so far...

1. One Ornamental Duck - Might be ceramic. Mint Condition. From Christmas '95

2. One Thunder Bay Board Game (It's Shelli's) - It's in 'questionable' condition and smells like her boyfriend Dan's hockey gear.

3. Bad Smell in a Can - Approximately 10 years old. Never opened.

4. A box of assorted teletubbies and a barney CD.

5. A three pack of 'pre-owned granny panties'

6. One tin of short-bread cookies - From Christmas '03. Never opened!

Happy Swapping!
Tony & Shelli

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home